Brief Synopsis of Our Privacy Practices
Why do we need to collect your personal information?
If you are a CM Accounting Professionals Inc., CPAs client, CM Accounting Professionals Inc., CPAs may have collected some basic information about you. We respect your privacy, which is why we collect personal information ONLY for the following purposes:
- Preparation of personal tax return
- Preparation of personal financial plan
- Provision of income tax advice
- Provision of estate planning advice, and/or
- Marketing of other professional services offered by CM Accounting Professionals Inc., CPAs
When do we disclose personal information?
There is a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our clients. Here are some examples:
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Respective provincial tax authorities
- Personal/commercial bank managers/officers
- Legal counsel
- Insurance agent
- Other professional(s) or third-party processors as required by the nature of the engagement and/or
- CPA practice reviewers
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, CM Accounting Professionals Inc., CPAs:
- Will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent
- Will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards
- Will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations
- Will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above
- Will honour any request you make for access to your personal information
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
1. You may refuse to provide your personal information to us
2. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.